Competition Terms & Conditions
Purchase a copy of Will Young’s latest album, ‘Lexicon’, via his official store to be in with a chance of winning:
- Two tickets to Will’s live show at London’s Eventim Apollo on Friday 11th October 2019;
- A “meet and greet” with Will before the show;
- A stay in a four star London hotel on the night of Friday 11th October 2019;
- One signed copy of ‘Lexicon’ on CD;
- One signed copy of ‘Lexicon’ on vinyl; and
- One signed copy of ‘Lexicon’ on cassette.
The prize includes travel from the winner’s home address within the UK to the Eventim Apollo on Friday 11th October 2019 and a return journey on Saturday 12th October 2019. Travel does not include any means of transport other than National Rail trains and does not include any other journeys undertaken by the winner.
The competition is open from 18:00 on 25th June 2019 to 23:59 on 27th June 2019 inclusive.
Alternatively, you can enter by signing up to the No Purchase Necessary list by clicking here.
See below for full Terms and Conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This competition (the “Competition”) is run and administered by Cooking Vinyl Limited (“CVL”), a company registered in England and Wales (company number 02045353) with its registered office at 12-13 Swainson Road, London, W3 7XB.
- By entering into the Competition, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) in their entirety.
3. The Competition is open to UK residents only. Any entries received from outside of the UK shall be automatically disqualified. For the avoidance of doubt, the UK shall comprise England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
4. Entrants must be aged 18 years or over. CVL reserves the right to verify winners at any time by asking for proofs of identity, age, address and/or any other details which CVL deems reasonably appropriate in the circumstances.
5. The Competition is not open to employees of CVL and their immediate families, CVL’s associated agents, business partners or anyone professionally connected with the Competition howsoever.
6. The Competition will run from 18:00 on 25th June 2019 (the “Opening Date”) to 23:59 on 27th June 2019 (the “Closing Date”) inclusive. All Competition entries must be received by CVL by no later than the Closing Date and any Competition entries received after the Closing Date shall be automatically disqualified.
7. The prize draw winner shall be randomly selected by CVL and CVL shall take reasonable steps to contact the winner by email as soon as practicable after the Closing Date (using the email address supplied at the time of entry). Where any prize winner fails to claim the prize within 14 days of CVL’s email notification as aforesaid, CVL reserves the right to withdraw the prize entitlement and/or randomly select a new prize draw winner.
8. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the Competition prize does not include travel insurance, the cost of transfers to and from destinations, food and drink, spending money, tax or personal expenses. Any and all other costs incurred by you that are incidental to the fulfilment of the prize shall be your sole responsibility.
9. CVL accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the prize description.
10. There is no cash or alternative prize, whether in whole or in part. The prize is not negotiable or transferable and cannot be resold.
11. CVL reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond CVL’s control renders it necessary to do so.
12. At CVL’s election, the Competition winner will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity (if any) and CVL may use the Competition winner’s name, photograph and comments in relation to such publicity without any fee being payable to any party whatsoever.
13. The following entries shall not be accepted and shall be immediately disqualified with any prize entitlement becoming immediately null and void:
13.1 Entries in excess of one per person;
13.2 Bulk entries including by way of multiple email accounts and/or fraudulent identities;
13.3 Entries on behalf of another person;
13.4 Joint submissions; and/or
13.5 Entries automatically generated by a computer
CVL reserves all rights to disqualify entries if it deems any conduct by entrants to be contrary to the spirit of the Competition.
14. Incomplete, incorrect, illegible, misdirected or late entries shall not be valid. Proof of sending shall not be accepted as proof of delivery or receipt. CVL accepts no responsibility for entries that are incorrect, lost, mislaid, corrupted, damaged, delayed or not received for any reason regardless of cause.
15. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on behalf of the prize winner.
16. Prize winners may be disqualified by CVL in its sole discretion where it has reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms.
17. CVL reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so in CVL’s sole discretion without liability to any entrants or third parties whatsoever.
18. Where any prize winner is or becomes unable to make use of the prize for any reason, CVL shall have no liability whatsoever.
19. Any decision made by CVL in respect of the Competition shall be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into with entrants or third parties.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
20. To the fullest extent permitted by law, CVL for itself, its employees, agents and other related third parties shall not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to entrants, prize winners of third parties for any damage, loss, injury, costs, expenses or claims whatsoever suffered arising out of the Competition save that nothing herein shall act to limit or exclude liability for personal injury or death as a direct result of CVL’s negligence or fraud. Your statutory rights are not affected.
21. All Competition entries and any accompanying materials submitted to CVL shall become the property of CVL on receipts and shall not be returned. By submitting your competition entry and any accompanying materials, you agree to:
21.1 assign to CVL all of your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
21.2 waive all moral rights in and to your competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
22 You agree that CVL may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website (http://cookingvinyl.com) and/or on its third party websites (including its artists) as applicable from time to time, and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the Competition. You hereby grant to CVL a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the Competition entry and any accompanying materials to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the Competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.W
23. Any personal information shared by entrants with CVL shall be kept secure and only used in accordance with these Terms unless entrants have opted into future marketing from CVL. By entering the Competition, entrants acknowledge and agree that their information may be collected, retained, used and distributed by CVL to administer the Competition in accordance with these Terms.
25. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of CVL and which prevents CVL from complying with these Terms, CVL shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder.
26. CVL reserves the right to amend these Terms howsoever at any time without reference to entrants.
27. Should any of these clauses be deemed to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable then it shall be severed from these Terms and the remaining clauses shall remain in full force and effect.
28. These Terms shall be subject to the laws of England and the Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.