Office Manager (London-UK)
Cooking Vinyl is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team as Office Manager. Ideally, with previous office management experience, he/she must be highly organised, self-motivating and a good team player.
Director of Business & Legal Affairs
Swainson Road, Acton.
As soon as possible
BACKGROUND TO COOKING VINYL
Established in 1986 by Martin Goldschmidt and Pete Lawrence, the Cooking Vinyl Group has developed a reputation as an internationally successful, artist-focused independent music company.
Home to an eclectic mix of acclaimed artists, the company’s record division roster currently includes: Nina Nesbitt, Billy Bragg, Will Young, Passenger, Swim Deep, Lissie, Fantastic Negrito, The Waterboys, Amanda Palmer, Suzanne Vega, Lewis Watson, Alison Moyet, The Cult, Deap Vally and The Fratellis, amongst many others.
Cooking Vinyl has consistently been at the forefront of the digital revolution and evolution. It was the first European label to do a deal with the MP3 download site eMusic and the first to enter negotiations with the peer-to-peer file-sharing company Kazaa. Later on, Cooking Vinyl set up its own online distribution company, Uploader, which was subsequently sold to the Independent Online Distribution Alliance.
Cooking Vinyl then set up the independent distribution company Essential Music which was bought by Sony Red in 2016 and soon after became The Orchard UK.
The Cooking Vinyl Group includes Cooking Vinyl Publishing, Motus Music, Fat Cat Records and The Music Royalty Co. Cooking Vinyl currently has offices in London, Paris, Berlin, New York and Melbourne and an international network of partner companies that offer a global route to market for artists.
– Facilities management – incl. organising cleaning, arranging office maintenance, buying milk & fruit, arranging and liaising with IT support & other service providers, changing printer cartridges, etc.
– General office administration – incl. updating contact list, stationery and general office orders, ordering business cards, comp slips, etc, booking meeting rooms, etc, maintaining franking machine & topping up with credit, administering phone system & liaising with phone company.
– Updating Office Manager handbook as and when necessary.
– Liaising with insurers and health providers to ensure that new policies/policy renewals are in place on due dates.
– Managing company’s online HR software – incl. adding employee personal details and updating holiday and sickness/absence modules for all employees.
– Monitoring and re-directing general company emails.
– Assisting with new employee orientation incl. introductions to current employees.
– Organising company events incl. staff training and social events e.g. Xmas party.
– Administering security system – overseeing fobs for both the shutter and alarm, training staff in opening and locking up procedures, ordering new fobs as necessary.
– Fire marshalling / First aider.
– Ensuring compliance with all Health & Safety requirements.
– Answering phone calls directed to main office number (including taking & delivering messages as necessary).
– Managing support reception staff.
– Meeting and greeting visitors.
– Sorting incoming mail & deliveries.
– Franking daily post and ensuring it is ready for collection.
– Finding tenants for vacant office space and acting as main point of contact for all existing and new tenants.
– Placing job advertisements for new staff.
CANDIDATES’ BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
We are looking for someone who is personable, extremely organised and able to remain calm under pressure.
This post will suit someone who is looking for a very hands-on varied role in a small, busy company.
He/she must be able to use their initiative, prioritise workload and also be pro-active and forward thinking.
Salary dependent on experience.
Monday to Friday 9.30am – 6pm although some flexibility in these hours may be considered.
Annual leave is 20 days per annum plus Bank Holidays.
OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT
Any offer of employment will be made subject to satisfactory references.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org